Last week VMware released vRealize Log Insight 4.0 with new, improved and re-designed user interface, offers enhanced alert management functionalities, and is natively built for and works seamlessly with vSphere, vRealize, and other VMware products.
vRealize Log Insight 4.0 delivers the best real-time and archive log management for VMware environments. vRealize Log Insight 4.0 can be configure to pull data for tasks, events, and alarms that occurred in vCenter Server instances and Integration between vRealize Log Insight and vRealize Operations Manager.
What’s New in vRealize Log Insight 4.0?
- vSphere 6.5 compatibility.
- System notification enhancements.
- New overall User Interface based on the VMware Clarity standard.
- New Admin Alert Management tool and User Interface (UI) to view and manage all user alerts.
- New “blur” on session timeout.
- Support for Syslog octet-framing over TCP.
- SLES 11 SP3 and SLES 12 SP1 are supported for Linux agents.
- New Agent installations have SSL enabled by default. Previously, Agent installs defaulted to SSL off. Upgrading does not affect current SSL settings.
- For content pack alerts instantiated in 4.0, content pack updates now automatically update alert definitions. If needed, you can preserve customization by exporting them and then importing them back into the user profile after the update is applied.
Note:- Support for VMware vCenter Server 5.0 and 5.1 has been removed.
Thank you and Keep Sharing 🙂