VMware announces vCenter Site Recovery Manager (SRM) 5.8 and vSphere Data Protection (VDP) 5.8 at VMworld 2014 at San Francisco.
This new release of SRM aims to deliver next-generation Disaster Recovery capabilities for vSphere environments.
Here is list of new capabilities included with SRM 5.8 :-
- 5x the scale of protection – IT organizations can set up recovery plans scalable up to 5,000 virtual machines per vCenter Server using array-based replication to enable enterprise-level protection–five times larger than with previous limits.
- Enhanced self-service – New integrations will offer customers self-service access to provision predefined disaster recovery protection tiers to new VMs via blueprints in vCloud Automation Center when using array-based replication.
Here is updated VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager 5.8 Datasheet!
VMware also announces vSphere Data Protection Advanced 5.8. Powered by EMC Avamar technology, vSphere Data Protection Advanced offers simple, efficient, and robust backup capabilities for vSphere environments.
The new release delivers:
- Enhanced support for business-critical apps – customers can now perform backups for Microsoft SQL Server clusters as well as Microsoft Exchange DAGs (Database Availability Groups).
- Customizable Proxies and Backup Work Streams – customers now have the flexibility of choosing the number of parallel backup workstreams to satisfy Service Level Agreements (SLAs) helping them to increase backup scalability and performance.
- Enhanced Replication – customers can now restore replicated backups at either primary or disaster recovery site.
To see more on vSphere Data Protection 5.8 click here
Thank You !!